Founder of BrandRoots
I’m a multi-passionate creative who loves to learn, design, make a difference and inspire others to do the same. With education and experience in all areas of creative work, I’m passionate about sharing my knowledge and encouragement to others who are trying to expand their skills, pursue big goals, and be a resilient creative.
- I’ve been doing web and graphic design work for a variety of clients for nearly two decades through my own business called Creative Seed.
- I’ve taught at multiple colleges subjects about Web Design & Development, Web Graphics, Digital Media Business Practices and Multimedia Production.
- As a UX Engineer at a college, I have extensive experience in working on large-scale websites consisting of hundreds of pages and interconnected sites built from the ground up with attention to web design and development practices purposed for longevity and user experience. Also serving as an Accessibility Coordinator, I also have knowledge of web accessibility and coding standards.
- I have served on multiple advisory boards bringing in my creative expertise, as well as have given many public presentations.
- I have a Master’s degree from the University of Michigan School of Information, majoring in Human-Computer Interaction. During this time I founded a startup with a great team and spent my grad years focused on this entrepreneurial venture. I’ve been featured in U-M articles as an Alum and was named in “15 Innovative Female Students to Watch in 2015” by Innovate Blue.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Communications from Baker College where I graduated with high honors and was Valedictorian. If you need a little dose of inspiration, you can probably still find my speech on YouTube.
- When I’m not working, I enjoy diving into a good non-fiction book, listening to podcasts, writing or working on creative personal projects (I have many!).
- I love playing all sports but favors soccer the most with basketball and golf a close second. I also just as much enjoy watching and cheering for my favorite teams on tv.
- I have an awesome cat named Jet who is extremely talkative, likes the water and pretty much tries to live like it’s a human instead of a cat. He has a pretty great fan club.
- I have a life goal to deliver a TED talk someday about the importance of seeking mentors and a life support team.